Normally, you’d feel a warm sensation in the area where the laser hair removal is done just like a very mild sunburn. Other side effects include reddening and raised area around the follicles, all of which normally occurs 24 to 48 hours after every session, but most especially in the first few sessions when the hair is yet coarser and thicker.
Directly after your session at an internal medicine in New York, take note of the following:
- Do not touch the treated skin area.
- Wear loose clothing.
- Put 100% aloe vera only in the treated area.
- When bathing or showering, keep the water lukewarm or tepid.
- Avoid any forms of exercise.
- Apply mineral makeup after every treatment.
- Avoid using steam room, jacuzzi, sauna, gym, or swimming pool.
- Apply SPF50+ to treated areas that are exposed to the sun.
On the other hand, medical care in New York, New York recommends the following in-between sessions:
- Exfoliate the treated area 4 to 5 days after treatment as dry or dead skin can sometimes cause slight redness in the area.
- When hair regrows in between sessions, only hair removal creams and shaving are the methods allowed.
- Avoid exposing the treated area to sun or sunbeds.
- Continue applying SPF50+ to sun-exposed treated areas.
- Inform your physicians if you begin taking medications in-between the process.